When you are thinking about installing new windows, the most common concern we hear is cost. Choose wisely and this will be one of the best investments you'll make in your home. You can cut your energy costs as well as improve your home's resale value. Replacement windows can pay for themselves if you do your homework.
A lot of factors contribute to the total cost, including the materials used, the purpose & style of the windows, the numbers of windows you are looking for, and more. If you want an idea of how much it will cost you to replace your windows, give us a call at (480) 422-1838 for immediate assistance, or fill out our quote form at the top left of this page and one of our window specialists will be happy to assist you. For more info, feel free to read on.
Living in Arizona, you already know windows are thermal holes. On average, a house may lose around 30% of its heating energy through its windows. Often times, the heat that is circulating through a home is lost by poor insulation and older, degraded windows and doors. Modern replacement windows are insulated and have specific energy ratings so the homeowner knows just how much insulation to expect out of their investment. The energy ratings take into account the window frame, panes of glass, and their ability to resist air leakage and prevent heat loss. When you buy energy efficient replacement windows, you immediately save money because the energy savings alone make your home more valuable.
Here is what window experts say about the value of replacement windows:
- If you spend $10,000 on replacement windows and decide to sell your home, you are likely to get about 70% of that back. It would be unreasonable to increase your home's price by $10,000 if you decide to sell. But you could possibly tack on an extra $7000 to your selling price.
- Say you spend $4,000 on heating and cooling costs every year. If you replace your windows with more energy efficient window, you will likely save about 20% on your heating and cooling bill. That is $800 back in your pocket. Essentially, that is like saying that you will have bought back your windows in 5 years by replacing your windows.
- If your home has outdated windows, it is likely someone will want a discounted price for the home in order to put new windows in. It is a better idea to buy replacement windows before you sell your home so a potential buyer doesn't bid ridiculously low. For example, say your bathroom window needs to be replaced and a potential buyer notices that. He or she may make an offer for $10,000 less than the asking price when really, that window may only cost you $1,500. Plus, if you have recently replaced the windows in your home, it is much more appealing to a potential buyer.
So the answer is YES-replacement windows really do add value to your house. They will add both monetary value and non-monetary value such as improving the overall look and feeling of your house.
Custom Made To Fit Replacement Windows
Elite Windows and Doors has a large selection of manufacturers to choose from. You are welcome to visit our showroom to see a great selection of windows, or typically a salesperson visits your house to see what you have and make sure that the replacement windows we offer are a good fit for your property. We offer vinyl replacement windows, aluminum replacement windows, fiberglass replacement windows, and wood clad replacement windows. All of our windows are available for new construction or for retrofit applications.
In House Installation Makes the Difference on Replacement Windows
It's not what you buy, it's where you buy it from. Elite Windows and Doors has their own in-house replacement windows installation team. These are full-time employees dedicated to installing replacement windows into YOUR house. You live in a historic Phoenix house which needs its windows replaced, we've done those. Have a 1950 Sun City Ranch House that would benefit from Dual-Pane Windows, your block house will look great when we're done. A 1971 Scottsdale ranch house with old windows with stucco around them, we can do stucco cutback replacement windows where your stucco around the windows looks just like it should. Installation makes the difference, and we know all of the methods.
Why Elite Windows and Doors?
Elite Windows and Doors, located in Scottsdale and locally owned, is a leading supplier of French Doors to Phoenix, Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Peoria, and Sun City. With in-house sales, installation, and service you can be assured of a quality job. Call today for suggestions or to set a free home consultation. The cost to replace old windows with new will surprise you.
Now, let’s decide which windows are right for you:
- Low-E Glass ReplacementWindows
- Gas Filled Replacement Windows
- Vinyl Replacement Windows
- Aluminum Replacement Windows
- Wood Clad Exterior Windows